As the press is subjected to tremendous forces, a robust construction is key for optimal functionality and durability. The Lapauw pressure are built with maximal durability and minimal cost of owndership in mind.
The Lapauw press is a construction with support plates and cylindric supports, assuring maximal strength.
- The top plate has a thickness of up to 250 mm.
- The top plate is supported by 4 cylindric support columns of up to 150 mm.
- The main cylinder has a diameter of up to 500 mm. The cylinder is chromated for maximal longevity.
- The bottom plate has a thickness of up to 200 mm.
- The perforated drain plate is made of stainless steel, which assures the lowest cost of ownership.
Needless to say, all wetted parts are completely made of stainless steel.
The press uses a conveyor belt to evacuate the cake, instead of a pusher. Together with the construction of the press, this feature greatly enhances the operational availability.